The time frame for the transaction to be considered is January 1 - December 31 of the MDC year (year of volume). The award recipient will be awarded the Cates trophy at the Million Dollar Club Banquet, along with a beautiful hand lettered scroll which will indicate the name and the description of the transaction.
The following are the rules and regulations concerning the contest for the Alvin B. Cates Award:
1. Awarded each year for the most outstanding commercial real estate transaction and for this purpose only.
2. Any person is eligible for this trophy who, himself and his firm, at the time the transaction is closed and the award is made, is a member of the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS®.
3. Any real estate transaction handled by a broker or a salesperson, acting as agent for another, is eligible for this contest.
4. This trophy shall be awarded for the commercial transaction that is outstanding, noteworthy, and shows the most initiative, ingenuity, originality, constructiveness, imagination and ability. The size or consideration of the transaction shall not be of special importance.
5. Any transaction entered in this contest shall be in writing and the manuscript shall not consist of more than three thousand (3,000) words.
6. The manuscript shall be judged by the Awards Committee consisting of past Alvin B. Cates recipients, past Awards Committee Chairs, as well as past REALTOR of the Year recipients.
7. The trophy shall be awarded at the Million Dollar Club Banquet each year.
8. The recipient's name shall be inscribed on the trophy and the winner shall have possession for one year. (A permanent plaque or scroll shall also be presented to the winner and retained by him/her.)
9. The trophy shall be awarded for the transaction actually closed and consummated during the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the closing date of the contest as announced by the Atlanta Commercial Board of REALTORS®.
10. All entries must be certified by the applicant's principal broker. (If a principal broker is applying in his/her own name, his/her own certification will be accepted.)