Darling Wine Quiz 2021
This year's Darling Wine Quiz is proudly presented by the Darling Wine Shop, Darling Wine Route and Hello Darling Tourism. Here you find all info and answers
Answer the 12 questions and win a Darling treat! Enter your answers until 31 July 2021. (T&C's apply)
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
1. How many producing Wine Cellars are there in Darling?
2. Name two leading producers with cellars outside Darling who have vineyards in the Darling region?
The Darling Wine Route is nestled in the Darling Hills between the Swartland Platteland and South Africa's West Coast. Enjoy a scenic drive and discover the secrets
3. How many different wine varietals are grown in the Darling region?
4. Which one of these wines does not come from the Darling region?
Salt of the Earth
We trust you enjoy participating in this quiz and standing a chance to win a prize. We kindly ask you to keep the answers to yourself and not to share them with others so that they can have the fun of seeing how many they can get correct. For more information on your "soon to visit" destination visit
5. What is the average rainfall for the Darling region (23 years average)?
6. What percentage of Darling vineyards are dry-land (unirrigated)?
Drink, eat and drive responsibly. Stay over in Darling!
7. Warm days and cool nights are what you need to have great fruit. So while we need nice warm days for optimal ripeness, we need that chilly Atlantic breeze in the evening to cool the vines for a good night's sleep. What would you guess is the temperature differential at harvest in mid-February?
8. Darling is not known for Pinotage, yet a Darling Pinotage recently scooped a trophy at one of the leading SA wine shows. Who was the producer?
Darling wine region is nestled between South Africa's West Coast and the Swartland Platteland.
9. A Darling producer romped home at the 2020 Swartland Young Wine Show: Best rare varietal & Best red blend & Best wooded red & Best wine on Show – who was it?
10. From where would you be able to purchase the widest range of Darling wines in the world?
Pick and Pay Liquor
The Darling Wine Shop
The Wine Society
Discover most Darling wine gems, the awarded Darlington Gin and Voorkamer Brandy and many other different tastes of Darling under one roof -
11. Which two of the following brands represent the Spirits of Darling?
12. In the vineyard above Darling town, there is a memorial plaque of a well known South African businessman and wine grower. His family still has vineyards in Darling. What was his name?
This is the time to discover the gems of the Darling Wine Route on a self drive tour and don't miss the amazing Darling Wine Shop. Drink responsibly and stay over in Darling.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service