2020 upGen Bootcamp Application
We are delighted to see that you have decided to take the first step in joining the 2020 upGen Bootcamp!
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and we will be accepting up to 100 participants. Your application will be reviewed by the upGen executive team, and you will hear back from us within a week.
Dates: January 24th (evening), January 25th (full day), January 26th (full day)
Location: Collège Durocher Saint Lambert, 857 Rue Riverside, Saint-Lambert, QC J4P 1C2
Are you a curious, innovative and ambitious student? Do you want to develop your entrepreneurial skills? Are you interested in technology? If you answered 'yes' to these questions, we encourage you to apply to the upGen Bootcamp brought to you by UpstartED (
The upGen Bootcamp is a hands-on tech entrepreneurship bootcamp that teaches you how to solve the world's most challenging problems - all while starting a business! This year's theme: how can we solve social challenges in the healthcare, cybersecurity and retail industries while using Artificial Intelligence in an ethical way?
In only 2.5 days, upGen participants will get to:
1. Learn how to solve a challenging problem by identifying a business solution
2. Work in teams to build the solution using a digital tool/platform
3. Build a viable business model and learn how to get their solution into the hands on users
4. Set up an online store using platforms such as Shopify
5. Pitch a business idea to a panel of external judges (made up of company executives, investors, and entrepreneurs)
You can find out more information about the Bootcamp here:
All students who participate in the upGen Bootcamp will receive a certificate of completion, and will be certified by UpstartED (
In addition, the six teams with the strongest business ideas will be admitted into the UpstartED Incubator, a 4-month long after-school program. The Incubator will provide the winning teams with mentorship, coaching, and resources to launch their businesses to the Canadian market. We will be connecting you to companies like Deloitte, SAP, Shopify, Blue Cross, Element AI, and more.
*Why upGen is a great opportunity*
The upGen Bootcamp will provide you with with a hands-on, immersive experience that gives you a sense of what the world beyond the classroom is like. You will develop real-world skills required for a successful modern-day business, including design, marketing, finance, product development, and sales.
Most importantly, upGen will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to implement solutions that have the potential of changing the world. We believe that innovators and entrepreneurs come in all shapes and sizes, and are of all ages - you could be one of them!
1. The upGen Bootcamp is *application-based* and *free* for the students accepted into the program. This year we are accepting up to 100 participants from across all of Montreal's schools. Although upGen is a tech entrepreneurship bootcamp, no prior tech or entrepreneurship experience is required.
2. Students must be between 12 to 18 years old to apply and participate in the upGen Bootcamp.
3. All accepted participants need to have their legal guardians sign and submit a consent form before January 11th, 2020.
To learn more about the organization behind the upGen Bootcamp, visit UpstartED's page at
For any questions, please contact the upGen Program Director, Monica Paraghamian, at
*About our partners and sponsors*
We are a proud partner of the City of Montreal. This initiative is also supported by our lead sponsors, Deloitte, Shopify and Québec Blue Cross. Additional sponsors include SAP.
This program is also made possible thanks to the contribution of our community partners: Element AI, Montreal AI Ethics Institute, Kids Code Jeunesse, and E2 Adventures.
upGen Bootcamp 2020 Promo Video
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UpstartED.