Summer Institute+ activities are intended to help participants develop:
- as writers by writing, sharing, and publishing their work
- as teacher leaders by demonstrating their own teaching practices and preparing to share what they know with others
- as teacher researchers by investigating their own practice and studying theory and research on teaching writing
COST: $1,000 (includes the cost of books and materials)
HONORARIUM AND GRADUATE CREDIT: Upon completion of the institute, participants will receive a $500 honorarium and will have the option to purchase up to six CSU graduate credits in Education.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 15, 2015
SUMMER INSTITUTE+ DATES (Please note, attendance at all meetings is mandatory):
- Orientation: Tuesday, June 2, 4:30-6:30 pm
- Summer Institute: July 27-August 7, 2015, M-F, 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Saturday Sessions (9:00am - 3:30pm): September 26 and November 14, 2015; February 27 and April 30, 2016
ABOUT US: The Colorado State University Writing Project (CSUWP) is an affiliate of the National Writing Project (NWP), a nationwide professional network for teachers, begun in 1974 at the University of California, Berkeley. NWP provides professional development to improve the teaching of writing and learning in schools and communities. We are a non-profit organization.
*** Please complete the questions below. We estimate that this application should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Follow-up phone interviews will allow you the chance to elaborate on your answers.***