DiGRA 2019 Teaching with Twitch Workshop Registration
Thank you for your interest in attending the Teaching with Twitch Workshop. As this is a practical, hands-on workshop where you will create, maintain or expand your own personal Twitch account, participation is limited to the first 20 registered guests.
This workshop is appropriate for anyone teaching in higher education. No prior experience with Twitch is necessary. If you do have an active Twitch channel, you will be invited to our intermediate or advanced group.
The specific learning objectives of the workshop are to:
• Give a brief overview of what Twitch streaming is and how it can supplement traditional university education.
• Work through which educational exercises work well with Twitch and which do not so that participants may leave with a content/lesson plan for their channel.
• Assist attendees in setting up a Twitch account and helping with the practicalities and management of the channel.
• Assist advanced attendees who already have a channel with social media and YouTube integration to help their channel grow.
• Embrace accessibility with open captions or live speech to text integration
• Set up Discord and other ways to support your Twitch community and current students, such as:
o Use direct messaging for private or potential sensitive subject matters (i.e. grades)
o How to share desktop and conference call with students (virtual office hours)
After attending the workshop, attendees will not only understand how Twitch can support their classroom, but they will also walk away with a Twitch lesson plan, their own channel set up, and tips and tricks for making their channel educationally impactful on not only students, but the broader games community.
Please answer the questions in this registration form (should take ~5 minutes) and we look forward to meeting you in Kyoto!
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Entertainment Arts and Engineering.