Unit Souzou - Constant State of Otherness - Story Sharing
The intent of Unit Souzou's Constant State of Otherness Project is to incorporate the lens of personal experience to reveal the universality of otherness, and deconstruct our increasingly siloed communities. We hope that by building bridges and frameworks of empathy, we will encourage open and deep connections across diverse perspectives.
Isolation, distancing, loneliness, displacement, belonging.
These are all themes and concepts deeply embedded in our creative work to devise our new theatrical show, Constant State of Otherness. We want to hear how these words are affecting you, especially now in the context of social distancing and self-isolation.
What are you experiencing?
- During this time of necessary social distancing, how has otherness impacted you?
- What feelings are you experiencing: isolation, fear, loss of identity?
- How are you finding ways to respond or to heal, to be resilient and to connect?
- How do you see individuals, our communities, society, or the earth responding to these?
We thank you so much for your time, effort and courage to share your story with us! We acknowledge that this can be an intimate and vulnerable experience and want to hold your story and experience with the utmost integrity.
These are the shared agreements and values that we hold in our process:
- The story you share is your story.
- You can share your story under your full name, first name, anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- All mediums are welcome to express your story - word, movement, sound, visual art, poetry, drawing, collage, film, ceramic, any other creative expression.