Wesley Award Nomination Form for Undergraduate and Graduate Students - Due March 6th, 2020
The John Wesley Leadership and Service Award is given each year by the Board of Trustees to recognize and reward those students who best demonstrate the commitment to leadership and service that lies at the heart of all that Hamline University does. The award is given to two undergraduate students and one graduate student each year. All Wesley Award recipients are presented with a $5,000 award and recognized at Commencement.
NOMINATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA
(Criteria also provided on Wesley Award website at
• FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS, THE NOMINEE MUST BE A JUNIOR OR SENIOR LEVEL, WITH A MINIMUM OF 90 CREDITS. NOMINEES MAY NOT BE A PAST WESLEY AWARD RECIPIENT.
Students may be nominated by a Hamline faculty member, a staff member, or a fellow student.
• Students have the option to self-nominate.
• ALL student nominations, including self-nominations, require a copy of the nominee's resume and a letter of support from their nominator. Self-nominees should write a letter to the Wesley Award review committee in support of their application and also provide a letter of support from a member of the Hamline community (faculty, staff, fellow student, or alumni).
• The nominee must demonstrate leadership and service in the spirit of the words of John Wesley and have had a positive impact on the Hamline community.
• Both undergraduate and graduate students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing (as verified by the Dean of Students Office).
• The nominee’s social media presence must not be inconsistent with the picture conveyed in the nomination.
Please DO NOT submit more than one nominee per nomination form. Multiple nominees for single awards will not be considered. Wesley Award submissions may only have one nominee and one nominator per nomination form.
What is the name of the student that you are nominating for a Wesley Award? *
Please note: This question is looking for the name of the person you are nominating.
Is this person an undergraduate student or a graduate student?
What college are they in, if known? *
College of Liberal Arts
School of Business
School of Education (graduate students only)
What is the nominee's email address?
What is the nominee's telephone number?
Are you nominating yourself (self-nomination)?
What is your name?
What is your email address?
What is your current principal role at Hamline?
I am an undergraduate student
I am a graduate student
I am a faculty member
I am a staff member
I have emailed a copy of my nominee's resume (or my resume if a self-nomination) to
No (If no, be sure to submit it by March 6th, 2020. Nominations without a resume will not be considered)
I have emailed my letter of support for this nomination to
Persuasive nomination letters will seek to answer the following questions: • What service activities has this person been involved in? • What leadership specifically related to the Hamline community has this person provided? • In what specific ways has this individual’s leadership and service exemplified the spirit of the words of John Wesley to “do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can as long as ever you can”? Self-nominees should write a letter to the Wesley Award review committee in support of their application and also provide a letter of support from a member of the Hamline community (faculty, staff, fellow student, or alumni).
No (If no, be sure to submit it by March 6th, 2020. Nominations without a letter of support will not be considered)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hamline University.