New Voices LGBTQQAI+ Youth Performance Program Application Form
Applications are due no later than 5pm on Wednesday, September 30th, 2020.
To be considered for the New Voices program all applicants must complete and submit the following application form. Please check your schedule against the program schedule below to ensure you can participate.
Program Expectations and Schedule
The New Voices program is a serious commitment, both in and outside of class time. Acceptance into the program requires students to exhibit a willingness to learn, diligence, creativity, time management, the ability to work well with others, to be self-driven, as well as a commitment to attend ALL rehearsals, weekend workshops, tech rehearsals, the final showcase, and the audience Q&A. Missing a rehearsal without notifying the Program Director of your emergency circumstances will result in be asked to leave the program for the semester due to the short program timeline.
Please review the dates below and compare them to your various school, work, and extracurricular calendars.
• Monday, October 5th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, October 12th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, October 19th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, October 26th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, November 2nd - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, November 9th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, November 16th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, November 23rd - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Monday, November 30th - 6:15-8:45pm (2.5 hours)
In Progress Showing Dates:
• Saturday, November 14th - 10am-1pm (3 hours)
• Saturday, November 21st - 10am-1pm (3 hours)
• Saturday, November 28th - 10am -1pm (3 hours)
Tech Week Dates:
• Monday, December 7th - 6:15pm - 8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Friday, December 10th - 6:15pm - 8:45pm (2.5 hours)
• Saturday, December 12th, Time TBA (2.5 hours)
• Saturday, December 12th - Artist Talk Back, Time TBA (1 hour)
Date of Birth
Preferred Gender Pronoun
Race / Ethnicity (optional)
Black or African American
Hispanic or Latino
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
How do you identify? Please select all that apply.
Why are you specifically interested in being a part of the New Voices program?
In your opinion, why is it important to advance the work of LGBTQQAI+ artists?
To obtain further funding for this program, may we quote your last answer anonymously?
Please list any experience you may have with LGBTQ+ related activism in the community.
Please list any performing arts experience (experience is not required to be accepted). Alternatively, you can also provide details if you have experience in any other art form, including but not limited to: dance, creative writing, poetry, music, fine arts, photography, craft making, graphic design, etc
Have you ever volunteered, taken classes, or participate in way with our partnering organizations: West Creative Performing Arts / The Santa Cruz Art League / Tannery World Dance Center / The Diversity Center. If so tell us about it!
By typing your name in this box below you agree to the stated expectations for the program as described in the application description at the top of the page. Thank you for applying!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of WEST Performing Arts.