Teens & Adults - EFL exam
Date of birth
Answer the questions
Pick one option.
1. Where _______________ from?
2. We have _______________ house in Moscow.
3. This is my brother. __________ name's Paul.
4. _______________ five people in my family.
5. I get up ________ seven o'clock in the morning.
6. Excuse me, _______________ speak French?
7. How much are _______________ shoes?
8. My sister _______________ tennis very well.
9. I usually go to work __________ train.
10. I don't see my parents very often _______________ they live in South Africa.
11. Last night I ___________ to the cinema.
12. Do you want to listen to music or ___________ TV?
13. ____________ were you at the weekend? - I was in Scotland.
14. ____________ you have a good time at the party? - Yes, it was fun.
15. Are you ____________ English teacher?
16. Bob will meet __________ at the airport.
17. I'm going to a concert tonight. ___________ you like to come?
18. Excuse me, how do I _________ to the bus station?
19. Do you sell stamps? -Yes, we do. How ___________ do you want?
20. I'd like _________ milk in my coffee, please.
21. Is this a good time to talk? -Sorry, no. I ______________ dinner.
22. I think cycling is more dangerous ___________ driving.
23. We ____________ going to the theatre next Saturday.
24. __________ meet for coffee some time soon.
25. If you've got a headache, you ________ go home.
26. _______ ever been to New York?
27. I only get about five hours' sleep a night. That's not ____________.
28. Did Amina finish the report? No. She ______ it tomorrow.
is going to finish
29. Paula _______ loves working with children.
30. Is Ottawa the capital of Canada? -I think ________.
31. The last time I ________ Joanna was in Paris.
32. If you ____________ money from a friend, you should always pay it back promptly.
33. Can I make myself a cup of coffee? -Of course. You _________ to ask.
34. I _______ a lot of sport in my free time.
35. Learning the piano isn't as difficult _________ learning the violin.
36. If the weather __________ bad tomorrow, we can go to a museum.
37. About a billion cans of Coca-Cola __________ drunk around the world everyday.
38. Hans isn't here. He ____________ to see his grandmother. He'll be back tomorrow.
39. Would you mind changing my appointment? ______________ time on Friday is fine.
40. When I was a child, I ________ climb the wall and jump into our neighbours' garden.
41. Have you finished ___________ the wall yet?
42. Lena used to find work boring ___________ she became a nurse.
43. If I _______ closer to my office, I could walk to work.
44. I ________ outside the cinema when suddenly a police car arrived.
45. We've ____ come back from a trip to India. It was amazing.
46. I couldn't ___________ up with the noise in the city, so we moved to the countryside.
47. Julia __________ married since she was 20.
48. I've got a terrible headache, and it won't go away. Have you tried _________ some aspirin?
49. John ______ working on this project for a couple of months so he hasn't made much progress yet.
has only been
had only been
50. I was wondering _______ I could ask you some questions? -Sure, go ahead.
51. What clothes should I pack for a trip to Boston? -Well, it depends __________ the time of the year that you go.
52. I've finished this salad and I'm still hungry. I ___________ ordered something more filling.
53. Ben got the job because he _________ a very good impression at his interview.
54. Salsa music always _____________ me of my trip to Cuba.
55. I ______________ to be picking Tom up at the station but I've lost my keys.
56. How about going to Colours nightclub? -There's no _______ I'm going there. It's awful!
57. The amount of organically grown food on sale has __________ enormously in recent years.
58. You may borrow my laptop ____ you promise to look after it.
as long as
59. If the taxi hadn't stopped for us, we ______ standing in the rain.
would still be
will still be
60. Maintaining an accurate balance sheet is essential, _______ business you're in.
61. It's _________ likely that this novel will win a literary prize.
62. It's no _________ for me to get Brad's phone number, I'll be seeing him tonight.
63. I'd lived in Australia, so I was used to _________ on the left side of the road.
64. I prefer to buy CDs ________ download music from my computer.
in contrast to
as opposed to
65. In around 50 words, describe a memorable birthday you have had.
66. The principal of your school wants suggestions for films to show in a new 'film club' that is starting next term. Write a letter to your principal with a film suggestion.
In your letter you should:
-give some general background about the film
-give your opinion about the film
-say why you think other students will like it
Write your letter using between 100 and 150 words.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Caxton College.