Thank you for your interest in covering the 2017 So What?! Music Festival. In order to be eligible for press credentials for this year's festival please read the rules below:
1. To apply for credentials, the assigning Editor/Producer must fill out the following online application form. ONE designated point person in your media outlet should complete this application, on behalf of your organization, for ALL personnel wishing to cover the event on behalf of the outlet. Individual attendees should be listed within that single application. PLEASE make sure to coordinate with your team so there are not multiple applications per publication.
2. If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and Tumblr are NOT considered eligible outlets for media credentials. Photographers must also be on assignment. Photography websites, photographers, and/or videographers looking to build a portfolio will NOT be credentialed. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments. If you are not the assigning Editor/Producer or are a freelance journalist or photographer, please forward this form to the appropriate person to be completed.
3. Point & Shoot cameras will not be permitted in the photo pits. This policy will be enforced by security. A photo pass is not a guarantee that photographers can shoot all artists. Exceptions may be granted for major national music publications/TV outlets.
4. Videography is not permitted through the promoter. Exceptions may be granted for major national music channels/TV outlets.
5. Requests for accreditation will only be considered if submitted via this official online process with the online application form completed accordingly. Application requests sent by email will not be accepted.
6. If you represent a college publication or radio station, please have the assigning editor submit the request.
7. We are currently accepting applications now through MARCH 1st. All applications submitted after MARCH 1st will not be accepted.
8. All press will be notified by MARCH 10th, if they have been approved or denied.
9. Because of the limited amount of credentials, freelance writers/photographers who are not on assignments will NOT be provided credentials.
10. So What?! Music Festival will not be responsible for covering any press travel or accommodations. Press interested in attending and covering the festival will be required to cover this.
Once the applications have been closed and you have been approved to interview artists. Media will be required to inquire with designated publicist for each performing artist. It is required that the publicist approve each publication's interview ahead of the festival. All interview are required to be held in the media room, day of event.
We take your coverage plans into consideration when reviewing your application to cover the event and expect coverage to be thoughtful, insightful, informative and consistent with your stated coverage plan.
***Each approved outlet will only be awarded two press credentials. Not all outlets will be approved. Please fill out as much information as you can to complete your application. If you have any questions, updates, or edits to your application please email Jen Appel at Jen@CatalystGroupPR.com immediately.