Survey: Addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health in medical curricula
In an IFMSA survey addressed to medical students worldwide, it has been reported that the LGBTQIA+ individuals are more likely to be subjected to discrimination in healthcare, due to the fact that their health needs are not addressed in medical curricula. As a follow-up action, we need to look more into details on Medical Education and the delivered competencies in a way we assess medical students’ perspectives and confidence in addressing the healthcare needs of patients identifying as LGBTQIA+. The purpose of the following survey is to analyse medical curricula worldwide in terms of addressing different components of the healthcare needs of patients identifying as LGBTQIA+, the necessary medical competencies to fight against discrimination in healthcare, and what good practices we can collect from medical schools worldwide in addressing this matter.
- Assessing medical curricula worldwide in terms of addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health
- Analysing the students’ perspectives on their curricula’s approach towards addressing the LGBTQIA+ Health
- Collecting good practices from members worldwide on addressing LGBTQIA+ Health in medical curricula
- Inclusion criteria: medical students currently enrolled in medical schools and consenting to participate in the survey
- Exclusion criteria: students of other healthcare professions, medical students not consenting to participate in the survey and medical graduates
DISCLAIMER: By filling in this form, you may willingly provide your personal information (email, universitity and country) to IFMSA. The use of the information provided in the form will be in line with your response in the form and will not be used for any other purpose. The personal data provided will be stored until 30th of September 2020, or anonymized in case of further storage. If you want us to remove your personal data before, you can request that by sending an email to
. The personal data will be accessible by the IFMSA Team of Officials only. If you would like to know more about how we manage your data, please visit
I do understand and agree with the disclaimer above
I do not agree with the disclaimer above
In which university do you study? Please write its full name
In which country is your university located?
In which region is your university located?
Eastern Mediterranean Region
In which year are you currently?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of IFMSA.