52 Hike Challenge Leader Application
Please allow 15 minutes to fully read through this application and fill out the questions provided.
Thank you for applying to become a 52 Hike Challenge Leader. We need 2 leaders to help host each group/chapter location. These communities were created to help 52 Hike Challenge participants connect with local hikers, find local hiking location ideas, find group hikes, ask questions, find the motivation and inspiration to successfully complete their goal.
It is our mission to help people gain the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits derived through hiking. The ideal 52 Hike Challenge Leader candidate has a passion for the outdoors, volunteering, and has completed the 52 Hike Challenge previously. Leaders will be asked to go through a Leave No Trace course as well as a 52 Hike Challenge Leadership Training course, and complete a background check (there is a $24 application fee for this).
- Be a member of your local Facebook community group
- Monitor and moderate the 52 Hike Challenge regional community group assigned to you and start outdoor related discussions
- Provide positive and inspiring feedback while encouraging others to take on the 52 Hike Challenge
- Post content to the community chapter on behalf of 52 Hike Challenge
- Give feedback when requested by community members
- Ensure the online safety of the community
- Support 52 Hike Challenge and mentor those in your local area by helping to create local hike lists and resources
- Post outdoor and inspiring content on your social channels using #52HikeChallenge and/or #52HikeChallengeYEAR (2018, etc.)
- Invite other hiking club leaders to post their local outdoors events to the community group
- Ability to host events and hikes once background check is passed and all trainings have been completed
-Welcome kit (52 Hike Challenge patch and stickers)
-Discount on 52 Hike Challenge merchandise
-Coupons & perks from our sponsors
-Access to ambassador only giveaways (once per quarter)
-Leadership training for social media management and more
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and active on Facebook.