• The person requesting the field trip is responsible for the supervision and special requirements needed.
• Prior to choosing a trip date, the trip coordinator must check the school calendar, the district calendar and the assessment dates for the current school year. Trips should not be scheduled in conflict with assessments or other scheduled events including but not limited to:
o AP Exams o PARCC o Mid-terms and Final Exams o State Science Assessments o ACCESS for ELLs o One-Session Days
• All field trip requests require a Supervisor signature first, followed by the signature of the Building Principal.
• The trip coordinator is responsible for contacting Debbie Zapolich (firstname.lastname@example.org / x2006) to confirm bus availability prior to submitting this form to the Director of Curriculum for Educational Committee review and approval.
• The trip coordinator is responsible for confirming the approval status of the trip request on the school day after the BOE meeting.The contact person for this is the school principal or the principal's secretary/administrative assistant.
• If you do not provide the nurse with a list of students attending the trip and a TBD for a nurse is indicated, the teacher MUST provide the final list to the nurse to be examined no less than two weeks before the field trip takes place.
• Permission slips cannot be distributed, and money cannot be collected until the trip is BOE approved.
BECAUSE OF A SHORTAGE OF BUSES AND BUS DRIVERS, PLEASE PLAN YOUR TRIP AROUND PICKUP AND DROP-OFF TIMES FOR ALL DISTRICT SCHOOLS. PLEASE CONTACT DEBBIE ZAPOLUCH AT X2006 FOR MORE INFORMATION.