HCTAYC YAB Application
NOTICE: Please review the YAB Structure Document before completing this application. You can find it here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQmCl6TCrZKz8O7E-jJg3onCo4rRo4mT8VI0LvujoMKy_1r5Oe3sgGUffrVw--ez-1B5yH9m_TC1iOw/pub

Humboldt County Transition Age Youth Collaboration
Youth Advocacy Board Application

Do you have the passion and ideas needed to change the world?

If you want to make a real change in Humboldt County for transition age youth, and are between the ages of 16-26, apply to be on HCTAYC's Youth Advocacy Board. Members receive a monthly stipend for their work.

What is required and expected of Youth Advocacy Board members:
- Work on projects and tasks
- Work can be accomplished at the HCTAYC office and at home.
- Support HCTAYC to include as many Humboldt County youth as possible.
- Get people you know to attend events and trainings

Who we are looking for:
- Youth who have participated in transition age youth services in Humboldt County, including: mental health, foster care, homelessness, juvenile probation, employment services and alcohol/drug rehabilitation services, among others.

- Youth who have ideas and passion to improve the system for themselves and future generations.
Youth who may have previous leadership experience (can be community groups, school, clubs, membership groups, sports, arts, civic, etc)

What Youth Advocacy Board members receive:
- Leadership training
- Skills and experience that look great on job and college applications
- Regular feedback and guidance to build your skills
- A monthly compensation, depending on work completion and projects.
- Opportunities to participate in trainings, conferences and presentations out of town.

If you have any questions:

433 M Street
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4922
Today's Date *
Full Legal Name *
Preferred Name *
Date of Birth *
Pronouns *
Mailing Address
Phone number(s)
Email address
Best Way to Reach You (text, call, etc.) *
How did you hear about the Youth Advocacy Board?
Have you been part of a club, community service organization, sports team, or other group activity (had to work with others)? Give an example if so.
Have you spoken in front of a group, done public speaking, or led a meeting of some sort? Give an example if so.
Have you ever planned an event? Give an example if so.
As a Youth Advocacy Board member, you will have the opportunity to speak to your experience within the various systems and services. What Humboldt County services have you participated in? (check any that apply)
What personal experiences do you have that you can use to speak up for system change?
Is there anything else you would like to share with us to help us know you better?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy