1. ONE HOPE: RE-MEMBERING THE BODY OF CHRIST - Explore experiences and activities that Catholics and Lutherans share and which connect to the living of their faith in embodied ways: breathing, eating, singing, forgiving, serving, and dying.
DAY AND TIME: Sundays, 9/10:30 am (alternating - 1st gathering at 9 AM) February 25, March 4, 11, 18, 25LOCATION: Rm 122LEADER: Sandy CottrellMAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 8
2. ONE HOPE: RE-MEMBERING THE BODY OF CHRIST - Explore experiences and activities that Catholics and Lutherans share and which connect to the living of their faith in embodied ways: breathing, eating, singing, forgiving, serving, and dying.
DAY AND TIME: Thursdays, 6:30-7:30 pm (February 22, March 1, 8, 22)LOCATION: Norma Nish's homeLEADER: Norma NishMAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 12
6:30-7:30 pm, Norma’s Home Norma Nish (Feb. 22, March 1,8,22)
3. THE GREATEST PRAYER – Explore the revolutionary meaning of the cornerstone of the Christian faith: the Lord’s Prayer.
DAY AND TIME: Sundays, 10:20-11:20 am (February 18 - March 25)LOCATION: Rm 125-127LEADER: Mary Kieras
4. BEING CHRISTIAN IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY – For those who are yearning for a faith and understanding of Christianity that is beyond literalism, dogmatism, and creedal formulations – all of which seem to be driving people away from the church.
DAY AND TIME: Saturdays, 6:30-7:30 pm (February 17 - March 24)LOCATION: ParsonageLEADER: Pastor Paul Lutz
5. 40-DAY JOURNEY WITH DIETRICH BONHOEFFER – FULL
6. 40-DAY JOURNEY WITH MARTIN LUTHER – Drawing from Luther’s Small Catechism, his Large Catechism, and other sources, editor Gracia Grindal here selects forty inspiring passages that raise profound truths about faith and life.
DAY AND TIME: Thursdays, 1-2 PM (February 15 - March 22)LOCATION: ParlorLEADER: Pastor Chris GlodMAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10
7. THE ART OF GROWING OLD: A GUIDE TO FAITHFUL AGING –FULL
8. PRACTICING OUR FAITH:: A WAY OF LIFE FOR A SEARCHING PEOPLE - Many Christians are looking for ways to deepen their relationship with God by practicing their faith in everyday life. This small group will help take belief out of the realm of theory and show how to live it out in a series of twelve central practices such as hospitality, forgiveness, healing, testimony and keeping the Sabbath.
DAY AND TIME: Sundays, 10:30-11:30 am (February 18 - March 25)LOCATION: Rm 264LEADER: Sue KramlikMAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 12
9. LECTIO DIVINA: Do you need some quiet time for spiritual reflection? A new group will be starting Tuesdays February 20th-March 20,12-1:00,Trinity parlor. Each meeting the leader will read one Bible passage and the members will be listening, meditating, and sharing.This guided meditation is a different way to read and study the Bible.The passage guides the listener to a feeling of calmness and spiritual reflection. Looking forward to studying the Bible together.
DAY AND TIME: Tuesdays, 12-1 PM (February 20 - March 20)LOCATION: Rm 264LEADER: Nancy Mellon and Deb Neves (no book for this class)MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:
*** YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE A COPY OF THE BOOK FOR YOUR SMALL GROUP. YOU MAY FIND AN INEXPENSIVE COPY OF YOUR BOOK ON AMAZON (USED COPIES). DOWNLOAD A KINDLE VERSION IF THAT IS YOUR PREFERENCE. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE SECURING A COPY CONTACT KAREN MATTHIAS-LONG AT KMATTHIASLONG@TRINITYLANSDALE.COM) **