Friday, March 1: Call for nominations. Applications are available on www.ypal.org.
• (Optional) Thursday, March 14 (8:15 a.m.): Board Information Session 101 Breakfast: Those applying for the board are welcome to join us for breakfast to learn more about the roles, responsibilities, and perks of being a YPAL board member. This will be held in YPAL’s office space at 614 W Main Street, 6th Floor. This breakfast is not mandatory.
• Friday, March 22 (5:00 p.m.): Application and letter of recommendation are due! Applications should be submitted via Google Forms and letters of recommendation should be emailed to Ann Marie Maldini at email@example.com.
• Wednesday, April 3 and Thursday, April 4 (5:00-10:00 p.m.): Candidates interview with the Nomination Committee in Downtown Louisville. Please keep both dates open. Appointments will not be set until the week of March 25. If you are asked to interview, your appointment could be anytime between 5-10 p.m. during these two evenings. If you have a conflict one of those nights, please let Ann Marie know by March 22.
• Wednesday, April 17: Nomination Committee makes final recommendation to the Board of Directors to vote on candidates.
• Friday, April 19: Newly elected Board of Directors is publicly announced.
Board Transition Mandatory Dates (if you are selected, please be sure that you are available on these days at these times):• May 6: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)• May 13: New Board Member Orientation (5:30 p.m.)• May 15: Joint Board of Directors meeting (5:30 p.m.)• June 4: Joint Executive Committee Meeting (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.)• June 15: Spring Board retreat (9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
YPAL’s 2019-2020 Board term officially begins July 1, 2019. YPAL’s 2019-2020 Board term officially ends June 30, 2020.