Music Teacher Recommendation for Betty Frost Jenkins Young Artist Concerto Competition
Please submit by April 9, 2020
Contact Mary Moran, CWSO Education Coordinator with questions:
(715) 345-7726 or
Music Teacher Contact Information
Rules and Eligibility
1) Competitors must be instrumentalists in grades 9-12 during the 2020-21 school year (in grades 8-11 at the time of the competition).
2) Competitors or their private music teacher must reside within the following geographical boundaries: Highway 2/Michigan (North), Highway 21 (South), Highway 13 (West), and Highway 45 (East)
3) Competitors will perform a movement or standard excerpt of a concerto of their choice, not to exceed fifteen (15) minutes in length. The selection must be an original concerto composed for the instrument and orchestra (no transcriptions).
4) Repertoire must be approved by the CWSO before the application deadline. Criteria for approval include availability of music, rental/purchase cost, and suitability with the CWSO’s programming. Preferred deadline for repertoire approval is April 1, 2020. Completed application deadline is April 9, 2020.
5) Competitors must perform with piano accompaniment, to be hired at the competitor's own expense.
6) Competitors must perform their music from memory.
7) Judges have complete discretion in the awarding of the prize(s), including the option to name no winner. Their decisions shall be final. Previous grand prize winners are not eligible to compete again.
8) Winner must be available to perform with the CWSO on December 5 and 6, 2020, and to rehearse with the orchestra as required by the conductor. Tentative required rehearsals are December 1 and 4, plus concert weekend. No alternative performance dates will be available.
For private music teachers: Do you live within the geographical boundaries of the competition? (See rule #2 above)
No, but the student I am recommending does.
I recommend this young musician as a strong contestant in the CWSO Betty Frost Jenkins Young Artist Concerto Competition, and if selected as a winner, as a competent and worthy soloist for public performance with the CWSO.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service