Student Absence Form- PLEASE SUBMIT BEFORE 8:00 am.
The Illinois School Code requires compulsory school age attendance. Absences will be counted as unexcused, unless reported and meets the criteria below.
Absences greater than 9 per semester or 18 per school year (total Excused and Unexcused) will affect promotion to the next grade level based on ISBE guidelines.
Excused absence include:
1. Family emergencies in the home- subject to admin approval, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Death or critical illness in the family
3. Doctor or dental appointments- submit proof of appointment
4. Response to a legal process-submit proof
5. College visit (juniors and seniors only)- submit proof
6.A prearranged absence deemed "excused" by Administration (Submit the Extended Absence Request
Form for approval by administration)
7.A verified visit to the Guidance Office to meet with a college rep (seniors only)
8.Absence as part of a school program (verified by Supervising Teacher)
Student illness (mental or behavioral)- max 2 days with parent notification, 3 days or more requires
10. A prearranged Umrah trip (Submit the Extended Absence Request Form for approval by administration)
11. A prearranged travel that has been excused and approved by administration through an Extended
Absence Request Form.
Unexcused absence will result in the student losing academic credit in the classes missed.
Please email verification documents to: email@example.com