Schools with a Specialization Survey
Birdville ISD is seeking input from parents and community members on future options for the educational experience of students. These options are designed to broaden the student’s educational opportunities by providing concentrated study in a specific area of interest.
Starting with the 2017–18 school year, BISD will introduce programs at selected campuses as part of the Schools with a Specialization initiative. These programs go above and beyond the state-required curriculum. Schools with a Specialization will begin at three campuses. Based on feedback from parents and community leaders, BISD will expand with additional programs on other campuses in the coming years. (More details on these programs are coming soon.)
In August 2017,
• North Richland Middle School will open as the only nationally STEM-certified middle school campus (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics);
• Richland Middle School will have a specialization in Leadership;
• Birdville Elementary will have a Fine Arts specialization;
• The Gifted and Talented program for elementary students will be enhanced; and
• Students will have additional opportunities to earn college credit while attending high school.
1. Are you the parent of a current BISD student?
2. Please indicate the academic level(s) of your student(s):
Does Not Apply
3. What Schools with a Specialization programs would you like BISD to consider in the future? (Select all that apply)
Early College High School (Graduating from high school with an Associate’s degree)
College Prep Middle School
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics)
4. If your student is chosen to participate in Schools with a Specialization, and if necessary, would you participate in programs that support the school’s specialization beyond the scope of the normal school day (before- and after-school events)?
Does Not Apply
5. Additional Comments/Questions on Schools with a Specialization:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Birdville ISD.