What topics will we cover?
• What is a COAD? Why start one?
• Structure and function of a COAD/LTRG
• Case management structure & function in a COAD/LTRG
• When should a COAD become a LTRG & vice versa? How does that happen?
• Preparing for Long Term Recovery
Who should attend this workshop?
• Anyone who is concerned about what happens after a local disaster
• Anyone who is interested in helping before, during or after a local disaster
• City & County officials
• Faith communities
• Not for profits and nonprofits
• Healthcare coalition members
• Law enforcement & all first responders
• Behavioral health providers
• Educational institutions
• Those representing vulnerable populations
Should I attend if I am not a “disaster care provider”, emergency manager, or from an organization with disaster preparedness, response, or recovery in its mission statement? YES, you should attend because disasters affect everyone & resilience depends on everyone working together across communities, neighborhoods, organizations, & sectors!