Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in North Carolina Ministerial Standing Renewal Form
Standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in North Carolina affirms that an ordained or commissioned minister is presently engaged in the practice of ministry, full or part time, with continuous accountability with a congregation, church-related organization, related institution, Regional unit of the church or another denomination that has granted concurrent standing.
All ministers holding standing in the Region shall be subject to an annual review in order to ascertain that they continue to meet the criteria for standing in the Order of Ministry for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in North Carolina.
Persons holding standing within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in North Carolina are entitled to the following:
- Listing in the Year Book and Directory of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Voting privileges at the Regional Assembly and General Assembly
- For ordained clergy, access to the Search and Call process of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- For commissioned clergy, access to the Apprentice Track to DOC Ordination
- Credentialing necessary to hold legal authority for weddings
- Fulfillment of one of the IRS requirements for clergy recognition
If you wish to retain standing, please fill out this form and return it to the Regional Office by September 30, 2022. Terms for standing begin January 1 and expire on December 31. If you do not wish to maintain standing, either call the Regional Minister or return this form marked “not seeking standing.” Failure to apply for standing by the September 30 deadline may require a meeting with the Regional Minister and/or Commission on Ministry in order to regain standing.