Mass Power Forward Platform 2021
Mass Power Forward (MPF) is a grassroots coalition of over 200 environmental groups, community development organizations, clean energy businesses, faith groups, neighborhood health and safety advocates, and Massachusetts families fighting for our future. Our mission is to organize the grassroots and build power for climate justice campaigns through collaboration and relationship with frontline organizations.
Please read this platform and endorse it! We need many voices from every sector and across the state.
By Signing onto this platform, you join the leader team. You can reference this document for opportunities you can elect into as part of that:
Our campaign supports energy policy that strengthens communities, the environment, workers and consumers, and:
1. Protects the public good, putting our energy, water and transportation systems in the hands of people-driven, democratic institutions as opposed to private corporations; upholds the right to organize in our workplaces and communities; and repairs systemic oppression including racism, environmental racism/classism and the disparate impacts on the health, existence, lives of Black and Indigenous communities and People of Color and poor white people.
2. Democratizes our power grid, empowering everyday people and consumers to access, own and control locally generated energy; and prioritizes people over corporations, putting neighborhoods, families and public lands over polluting energy industries;
3. Grows a green economy that creates quality jobs, local workforce development opportunities as well as healthier and safer communities. Specifically, directs public investment, capital, and contracts toward companies in the green economy that provide living wages, safe working conditions, strict compliance with local, state, and federal wage and hour laws, pay equity across gender, strong health care and retirement benefits, paid family leave and child care, economic mobility, diversity in hiring, a non-discriminatory workplace, support for workers using public transportation and access to worker ownership and unions.
4. Advances Massachusetts toward a safer and healthier economy powered by 100% clean, renewable sources for heat and power, maximizing energy efficiency, demand reduction, energy storage, responsibly sited solar, wind on and off-shore; Rapidly reduces our dependence on polluting energy sources such as coal, oil, gas, large hydroelectric generation, and nuclear power, burn technologies like biomass and trash incinerators, and all systems that generate power at the expense of public health; and prohibits public subsidies for new fossil fuel infrastructure;
5. Ensures a just transition for workers and communities impacted by the retirement of power plants, the phase-out of fossil fuels, and climate catastrophe. In collaboration with impacted workers and labor groups, create tangible support for training and employment, healthcare and retirement options. Develop decommissioning and redevelopment planning for municipalities; and bolsters community resiliency as socially and economically vulnerable communities are met with the increased hazards of climate change;
6. Combats climate change on a timetable that aligns with the most recent, most ambitious science from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Name of Person Signing
Are you authorized to sign your group onto this platform?
What kind of group are you?
Regions where your org/biz has members/does work
Upper Connecticut River Valley
Lower Connecticut River Valley
City of Springfield area
City of Worcester area
Upper Central Mass
Lower Central Mass
Merrimack River Valley
City of Lowell Area
City of Lawrence Area
Metro Boston West
The MPF Leader Team
I am already in the google group.
I am not in the google group and would like to be added.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UU Mass Action.