Nucleic Acids MINI-Quiz
1. DNA stands for
Don't No Anything
Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid
Ribose Nucleic Acid
2. DNA is a long molecule (polymer) made of smaller parts called
3. An DNA nucleotide is made up of the following parts. check all that apply.
4.The diagram below (diagram 1), is often referred to as a?
ribose nucleic acid
5. In the diagram below (diagram 2), which letter is pointing to a phosphate group?
6. In a DNA double helix a Guanine of one strand always pairs with a(n) _____ of the complementary strand, and a Thymine of one strand always pairs with a(n) _____ of the complementary strand.
cytosine ... thymine
uracil ... cytosine
guanine ... adenine
thymine ... cytosine
cytosine ... uracil
7. . In a sample of double-stranded DNA, 50% of the nitrogenous bases are thymine. What percentage of the nitrogenous bases in the sample are adenine?
8. Refer to Diagram 3 below to answer the following question. Which of the following models most accurately represents the structure of DNA?
9. The primary "job" of DNA is
structure (you build stuff with it)
long term energy storage
carry information (heredity)
short term energy storage
10. The 2 types of nucleic acids are
RNA and DNA
RNA and tRNA
DNA and CrRNA
tRNA and mRNA
this is a trick question, there are 10 types of nucleic acids
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service