Hyperborea 2018 - Effigy Application Form
The Effigy: A sculpture that represents the navel of our world.

Welcome!

We're so glad you're considering applying to build the hearth of our event. This year our process for Effigy is slightly different. We're releasing this application early, so that you, our talented artists, can create exactly what your heart desires. The theme of Hyperborea 2018 will then be selected with the inspiration of our selected Effigy.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Effigy Grant - $1000

APPLICATION DUE DATE: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24TH 2017
Grant Award: December 15th 2017
Build Plan Due Date: March 15th 2018

EXPECTATIONS
1. Effigy is expected to completely burn at the Saturday Evening of the Event.
2. Effigy must be constructed from fire safe materials. Please make sure you are familiar with the guidelines for building burning art, perimeter requirements, and suitable laydown materials. You can find this information on our website.
3. Please do not include transportation in your budget. Effigy has a guaranteed spot on the Hyperborea Art Truck.
4. Your grant is $1000. Should you wish to exceed this amount for your project, we encourage you to think about alternate fund sources such as crowd funding, fundraisers, organ harvesting, your wealthy grandparents, etc.
5. Fuel may be included in your budget, however it is the responsibility of the artist to provide fuel for the Effigy burn.
6. If you don't know all the answers, don't stress. Should you have questions or feel unsure about any of the above, reach out! We're happy to guide you through the process and get you the information you need.

ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
Your application will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
1. Artistic Excellence (Design & Philosophy) - How original, interesting, relevant, daring, magical, thought provoking is your idea?
2. Completeness of design - How well thought out is your project? How complete is your application?
3. Feasibility & Constructability - What is the feasibility of your project? Will you be able to build it within the timeline?
4. Appropriateness of Budget - How well does your materials list match the budget given? Are the prices given reasonable?
5. Moop/LNT Plan - Your project should minimize producing waste, and also have a plan for cleaning any possible matter out of place that could be produced during the installation or strike of your project.
6. Risk Mitigation Plan - Yeah we get it. Art's dangerous some times. Just try to come up with ways to prevent most people from becoming harmed while interacting with your project.

ASSESSMENT
Your application will be reviewed in detail by each individual on our Art Grants Committee. Your project will be scored on a series of questions based on the guiding criteria above and compared to all other applicants. While Effigy build differs from regular Art Grants in that experience and skills are considered, they aren't mandatory, and the merit of your application is what will determine the Effigy selected. The more detail you can provide us the better.

LIMITATIONS
The Effigy budget is a materials subsidy, the same as any of the regular Art Grant categories. Please take a look at our "what we fund" and "what we don't fund" lists to get a better idea.

DISBURSEMENT
Should you be selected, you will receive 75% of your grant upon award, and the other 25% upon completion of the project, submission of your receipts, and a clean LNT score.

ADDITIONAL SUBMISSION MATERIALS
Please send your supporting documents to art@tohyperborea.ca and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Things to remember:
BE RADICALLY SELF RELIANT
BE RADICALLY EXPRESSIVE
BE RADICALLY INCLUSIVE
HAVE A DAMN GOOD TIME

Email address *
Next
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. Report Abuse - Terms of Service