Thank you for agreeing to partake in this survey!
We are an international team of Print Media Technologies students from the Stuttgart Media University (HdM) in Germany. Under the supervision of Prof. Hübner, a media project within the course "Product Development" addresses the question, "What are the global economic and social effects of COVID-19 on the print and media industry?"
The results obtained from the surveys and interviews conducted in the students' home countries and from the cooperation with the European association, Intergraf, will be published online on our website (
) and compiled in a book. We will produce the book ourselves at HdM with the kind support of the MVK (Medien-Versicherung Karlsruhe) by December 2020 and presented at the international trade fair drupa 2021 in Düsseldorf as well as Frankfurt Book Fair 2021.
All data collected here will be treated confidentially and used in an aggregated manner only for this project. No information will be taken out of context and used or distributed outside the project.
The protection of your data is very important to us, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). After collection with Google Forms the survey data will be stored only on intee Grnal servers in the HdM. These are technically and organizationally protected against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of the data by unauthorized persons. Only the participating student group will access the data.
We realize how precious your time is, that’s why we made sure this survey will take about 10 minutes, only. The survey involves multiple choice questions.
If you have any questions about the survey, please email us at:
Further information about the Print Media Technologies major and the book project can be found at
We appreciate your collaboration!
Can the name of your company be mentioned in the book ?
No, company should be kept anonymous
Where is your company located ?
Sector of the printing industry
1. Which actions were taken by the local/central government in your region/country in order to help the printing industry?
Low interest bank loans
Deferral of VAT payments
Business rates relief
Temporary compensation for business fixed costs
Coronavirus related sick pay (including the self-isolation days)
Salary payment support
No support from the government
2. Was it helpful to your company?
3. How did Corona-virus affect, in a positive or negative way, the working load of your company?
A decline of the customer base
Increased stocks of finished goods
Disruption in supply chain
Upgraded the industrial structure
Increase in yield
Increase in orders
4. Has COVID-19 affected your company’s budget?
5. If YES, how have expenses increased or decreased?
Rise in price for basic and auxiliary materials
Additional costs spending on disinfectants and protective equipment
Reduction of revenue
Cash flow problems
Decrease in orders
Increase in orders
6. Has the change in budget directly influenced employment?
Shortage of salaries
No sick leave payment
7. Has the pandemic prompted new partnerships/collaborations to battle COVID-19?
Collaboration with local health departments to ensure appropriate guidelines
Collaboration with other companies within the industry
8. Companies have had to pivot to stay relevant during the global pandemic. How has your company's business model changed?
New business practices
We are still in the process of planning
It is private information of the company
Established digital channels for customers, employees, and supply chain
Implemented automated processes
No new business models have been established
9. Do you think the Go-To-Market strategy will shift from traditional to e-commerce and the digitization of your product/service?
10. Has your company implemented "social-distancing" guidelines?
Restricted number of people in one room
Shift work schedule
Requirement of protective tools (masks, gloves, disinfectants, etc.)
Remote operation in manufacturing sector
11. How have new guidelines impacted the workplace and/or productivity rates?
Could not be evaluated by now
12. How is employee health being monitored?
Regular medical check-ups
Monitor symptoms before start of the working day by responsible person
13. What protocols are in place if an employee tests positive for COVID-19?
Employee who is confirmed to have COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and stay home
Should not return to work until the criteria to discontinue home isolation is met
Employers should inform fellow employees but maintain confidentiality
Must ensure that enhanced cleaning and disinfection are performed in the workplace
Fellow employees should self-monitor for symptoms
No protocols in place
14. Do you intend to include in your vision a long-term anti-epidemic system suitable for your company?
Reserving finances and raw materials
Having protective equipment (mask, etc.) prepared in advance
Having a plan and opportunity for an easy re-organisation of the working place/style
We have not decided yet
I agree that my information can be processed for this specific project
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service