Abstract Submission - MECSS 2021 - 15-17 November 2021
The Technical Advisory Committee encourages synopses from all areas of industry, academia and government.
Papers will be reviewed based on technical quality, relevance and their potential for generating interest and discussion. All presentations will be in the English language. Prospective authors are invited to submit titles, keywords and synopses of between 250 and 500 words, with text only.
Abstracts are requested that address a number of key themes:
- Digital twins
- Condition monitoring and machine learning
- Data management and acquisition
- Obsolescence in the digital age
- Autonomy and smarter decisions
- Integrating disruptive tech
- AI and enhanced decision making in the digital age
- GNSS spoofing
- Quantum computing
- Safe systems engineering
- Batteries and energy storage
- DC system safety
- Integrating safe systems of work with equipment design
- Agile software development
- Quality of power supply
- Earthing, safety, EMC and system impacts
- Hybrid power & propulsion
- Electrical system design
- Lessons learnt from COVID-19
- Opportunities from carbon emission reduction
- Human factors and the design of equipment
- Classification, Certification and Regulatory Framework
The IMarEST is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data collected in this form will be processed securely in order to provide you with the service(s) requested. To learn more about how the IMarEST collects, processes and protects personal information, or to contact us about data protection, please see our Privacy Notice (
1. The conference will take place between 1030 & 1800 UTC Monday 15th - Wednesday 17th November 2021 and will consist of a series of mixed-format livestreamed sessions (panel discussions, presentations) that authors will be invited to participate in. Invited authors must be available to present live via Zoom, sharing their video, during these times.
Successful authors will:
2. Be asked to develop their abstract and submit a full technical paper of up to 4,000 words by Monday 30 August 2021. Please note that all papers will be peer reviewed and some may be included in IMarEST publications after the conference, subject to author permission.
3. Be invited to participate in a live discussion session on a conference theme relevant to your paper. These live discussions will be held as an online zoom meeting and will be chaired by a member of the conference committee, allowing delegates to ask questions on the topic.
4. Be given the opportunity to also submit a pre-recorded video presentation of your paper which will be made available to all delegates through the event app. Authors who choose to submit a pre-recorded video presentation are required to use the Conference PowerPoint slides for their presentations, which will be supplied.
5. Be required to sign our speaker consent form:
6. Receive free entry to the conference for the day of their presentation.
Confirmation of Conference Format
I agree and confirm I understand the conference format
Abstract (no more than 500 words)
Lead Author Details
Please fill out the below section with the lead author details only. Corresponding author details will be collected at the full paper submission stage.
Are you a member of IMarEST?
I would like to find out about joining
Title (Mr, Mrs, Dr, Capt, etc)
Brief Bio (no more than 50 words)
Website URL (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter etc)
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.