TTT is constituted as both a registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. It is a requirement of our constitution and company law that we have a defined membership and keep a list of members.
As a member you are entitled to attend and vote at the AGM, elect trustees, and approve any changes to the structure of TTT or its objects.
Membership is open to anyone who supports the objectives of TTT and it simply involves filling in this short form.People can join at anytime, so new people will always be welcome. Membership is free but we’d LOVE a donation – you can also sign up as a TTT friend and give a monthly donation. We rely on our monthly donations to help cover the costs of our central team who work hard to support all of TTTs’ projects and groups.
Please note, the directors (Trustees) have discretion to refuse an application if they have reasonable grounds to do so. This would only be exercised in exceptional cases, (eg. If the application is criminally motivated)
- Members hold one vote at general meetings.
- By becoming a member, I am signing up to the governing documents of TTT, which I have read (please see the website).
- I am committed to supporting the objectives of TTT, ie reducing our environmental impact, strengthening the local economy and building the resilience of the community.
- My application for membership may be declined by the board of Trustees if they have reasonable grounds.
- I acknowledge that if TTT ceases to exist, I can be called upon to contribute up to £10 towards any liabilities.