We've created this form to provide clear and efficient communication between EWP and our Ushers.
We invite you to review the EWP USHERING BASICS below to make sure this is the right volunteer opportunity for you. Of course people want to see a great show for free, but Ushers are critical support to the House Manager in getting patrons safely seated for a prompt start of the show. This Sondheim & Wheeler classic, A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, is a full show with Act One running about 1 hour and 24 minutes, a 15-minute intermission, and Act Two running about 55 minutes.
For more info on the show visit: http://www.eastwestplayers.org/on_the_stage/music.htm
EWP USHERING BASICS:
Before the show:
* Stuffing programs with inserts and audience surveys
* Greeting patrons
* Taking tickets
* Handing out programs
* Leading/Directing them to their seats as necessary
* Assisting the House Manager in starting the show no later than 8:05 pm
During the show:
* Watching for unauthorized photography and telling the House Manager if you do see it
* Staffing concessions
* Helping to get patrons back in the theater near the end so that Act Two can begin promptly
After the show:
* Helping to pick up programs/trash that are left in the seats
Ushers need to arrive at the show 1 hour before scheduled time. For 8pm curtain that's 7pm; for 2pm curtain that's 1pm.
1. Lot 7 $7.00 (adjacent to the theater)
2. Street parking
3. Aiso Parking Structure (directly across the street from the theater) Wed-Sat $3 after 5pm, Sun $1/hour for first two hours and $3 for the third hour (after 3 hours , they charge $1.50 every 15 minutes up to $14 max)
Please remember that you are welcoming EWP Patrons. Dress code is nice or business casual. We ask that you avoid jeans, bare midriffs, or tennis shoes (though, comfortable shoes are highly recommended).
QUESTIONS or CONCERNS:
Call East West Players at 213-625-7000
Alison De La Cruz at extension 30
Thanks for joining us! You help us to continue to provide outstanding artistic works and arts education programs!
We will do our best in meeting your preferences. Please know that there may be instances when multiple people have indicated the same preference. We will call and/or email you to confirm your Usher assignment.