Reflection and refraction of light
This is an objective type test based on chapter 10 of class X NCERT.
Name of Your School
1. Which of the following can make a parallel beam of light when light from a point source is incident on it?
(a) Concave mirror as well as convex lens
(b) Convex mirror as well as concave lens
(c) Two plane mirrors placed at 90° to each other
(d) Concave mirror as well as concave lens
2. A 10 mm long awl pin is placed vertically in front of a concave mirror. A 5 mm long image of the awl pin is formed at 30 cm in front of the mirror. The focal length of this mirror is
(a) – 30 cm
(b) – 20 cm
(c) – 40 cm
(d) – 60 cm
3. Under which of the following conditions a concave mirror can form an image on a screen larger than the actual object?
(a) When the object is kept at a distance equal to its radius of curvature
(b) When object is kept at a distance less than its focal length
(c) When object is placed between the focus and centre of curvature
(d) When object is kept at a distance greater than its radius of curvature
4. A light ray enters from medium A to medium B as shown in Figure given below. The refractive index of medium B relative to A will be
(a) greater than unity
(b) less than unity
(c) equal to unity
5. A beam of light is incident through the holes on side A and emerges out of the holes on the other face of the box as shown in the Figure given below. Which of the following could be inside the box?
(a) Concave lens
(b) Rectangular glass slab
(d) Convex lens
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service