Unit 3 lesson 6.3
Using Ratios & Rates to Solve Problems
1) Philip’s granola directions call for 3 oz of nuts to every 4 oz of raisins. He uses 2 oz of nuts to every 3 oz of raisins. Is Philip using the correct ratio of nuts to raisins?
2) A recipe calls for 2 cups of oats and 4 cups of flour. Alicia makes a larger batch, mixing 4 cups of oats and 6 cups of flour. Did she use the same ratio of oats to flour shown in the original recipe?
3) Compare the ratios 2/4 and 5/6. Which is greater?
4) Ellen can read 3 pages in 7 minutes. Rob can read 8 pages in 14 minutes. Who is the faster reader?
5) Mark runs 5 miles in 40 minutes. If he continues at the same rate, can he run 14 miles in 120 minutes?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of School District of Palm Beach County. -
Terms of Service