CALL FOR PRESENTERS “Achieving an Equity Driven Education"
*Due to COVID -19 This conference will be in person and virtual. Please choose from the choices below.
1. I will present in person yes ( ) no ( )
2. I will present virtually via zoom yes ( ) no ( ) * zoom presentations will be done at a location of your choosing
**Workshop Dates: May 26 - 28, 2021
**Workshop Location: Town and Country Hotel and Spa San Diego California
(updated) **Deadline for Submission: Friday, January 15, 2021
**Notification of Acceptance: Monday, Feb 1, 2021
**Deadline for Conference Registration (for presenters) : Friday, February 19, 2021
Presenters must choose one of the following “Areas of Engagement”
Distance Learning and Hybrid Instruction:
1. Addressing Learning Lost Due to Covid-19 Shut Down
2. Equitable Access to Technology for Urban, Rural and Homeless Students
3. Virtual Teacher Training and Staff Development
Health and Wellness Disparities in School:
1. Addressing Social/Emotional of Students during COVID-19
2. Impact for Early Childhood Development
3. Addressing Illnesses that Impact Student Attendance (asthma, obesity ect.)
4. Strategies to Address Black Youth Suicide
Equity and Racial/Social Justice Issues in Schools :
1. BMOC (Boys and Men of Color) and GWOC (Girls and Women of Color) - Highlighting evidence based
strategies, resources and solutions that accelerate educational growth for African American and other
students of color
2. Strategies and Programs that Address Racial Equity
Equitable Access to College and Career Readiness
1. Strategies that Significantly Increase A - G and CTE Completion for Students of Color
Guidelines and Procedures for Submitting Proposals
Selection Criteria: Proposals will be judged on their relevance to the strands, content quality, clarity, creativity, usefulness and logical organization of presentation.
Proposals Submission: Please submit the proposal via the form below by Friday, December 18, 2020. Questions may be addressed to Michael Dennis via e-mail at
. The lead presenter and all co-presenters must be listed on the submission form. All presentation titles must clearly describe what the presentation is about and must be limited to 10 words (CAAASA reserves the right to edit presentation titles and/or presentation abstracts) Abstract must be limited to 75 words. The presentation should identify the audience in which the presentation is geared towards (superintendents, board members, directors, principals, teachers, parents, etc.) Presentations must be limited to one (1) hour and 15 minutes. Presenters must be able to present their session at any time during the Statewide Professional Development Summit.
First Name (Lead Presenter)
Last Name (Lead Presenter)
Contact Phone Number (Lead Presenter)
Position/Title (Lead Presenter)
School/Organization (Lead Presenter)
Lead Presenter Bio (150 words or less)
Workshop Abstract (75 words or less)
Workshop Area (Please refer to the full packet on
for more information)
Distance Learning and Hybrid Instruction
Health and Wellness Disparities in Schools
Equity and Racial/Social justice Issue in Schools
Equitable Access to College and Career for Students of Color
First Name (Co-Presenter)
Last Name (Co-Presenter)
Contact Phone Number (Co-Presenter)
Contact Email (Co-Presenter)
Co-Presenter Bio (150 words or less)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service