Fall 2020 VCSS Loraine Stewart Instructional Grant Application
The Virginia Council for the Social Studies (VCSS) proudly presents grant opportunities in the name of Loraine Stewart, a committed patron of social studies education. Grants of up to $500 are periodically available to K-12 social studies teachers to develop, plan, implement, and evaluate innovative instructional strategies.
Applications for this cycle must be received no later than Tuesday, December 1, 2020, by 4:00 PM.
Grant recipients for this cycle will be notified no later than December 19, 2020.
Grant application guidelines are as follows:
* Grant applications must align with Virginia's History & Social Science Standards of Learning.
* Use of the grant will enhance or create innovative learning opportunities for students.
* Grant monies must be used to directly benefit students.
* Requests for renewable subscriptions will not be considered.
* Grants may not include the purchase of food or beverage.
* Please explain any acronyms.
* Grantees are expected to present at a future VCSS conference.
* All funded grants must be implemented within the school year in which the grant was awarded.
* A teacher may only receive one Loraine Stewart Instructional Grant per year.
* Grantees are required to submit receipts and a final project report by December 1, 2021.
Final project report will include:
* A brief assessment of student outcomes and educational insights gained.
* A complete, final accounting of all grant monies spent.
* Final grant project report due to VCSS via electronic submission by December 1, 2021.
Planned Date/Semester of Use
Please describe your project and the materials necessary in 100 words or less.
How will the use of this grant enhance or create engaging learning opportunities for students?
Which of the following educational initiatives does this project address? Select all that apply.
Map Literacy Expectations
High Yield Strategies
Culturally Relevant Practices
Project Based Learning
Formative Feedback Tools
Student Leadership Development
Check each box to indicate you understand and agree to the conditions associated with VCSS Loraine Stewart Instruction Grant funding.
This is a competitive process. An application submission does not guarantee funding.
Grantees are responsible for conducting the project as detailed in this application.
Grantees are responsible for meeting all deadlines including submission of the final report.
Grantees are expected to share this project at a future VCSS conference.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Chesapeake Public Schools.