By applying below to serve as an alumni mentor, you will be working one-on-one with a current public school student to help foster a college-going and career-driven mindset, strengthen social and cultural capital for your mentee as well as to help your mentee prepare for life after high school as an alum.
Before applying below, some things to keep in mind:
• Alumni mentors will be paired with a same gender mentee
• Alumni mentors should strive to meet with their mentee bi-weekly at either the alumni mentor's workplace, the mentee's high school, or a site recommended by the program coordinators
• All mentor/mentee pairs will have the opportunity to convene at program workshops, college tours, and special events
• p.s. alumni and the New York City Mentoring Program will give alumni mentors the resources and training necessary to be an impactful alumni mentor through a comprehensive training and additional guidance if needed
• All alumni mentor applicants will need to be background checked and provide references before they can begin mentoring
If you have any questions or if you would like to request official documentation for your employer, please reach out to Kara Gurl at KGurl@schools.nyc.gov