Welcome to Lindy Hop Louisville! The Hoppin'ist Place to Learn Lindy & Start Having Fun on the Dance Floor!
Event Timing: Tuesdays 8pm-10pm
Lesson 8-9pm then Social Dancing 9-10pm
Event Address: Highland Community Campus/Ministries Ballroom corner of Barrett and E.Kentucky 40204
Contact us at (502) 509-5808 or
November 6th, 13th, 20th
Beginning Swing: East Coast Intro 3 weeks-
This class is awesome for new dancers. We learn the rhythms, shapes, and connections of Basic East Coast along with a few turns!
40$ for all 3 classes-
Students with VALID id that must be presented in person get 1/2 off ($20)
If you wish to join our mailing list, please share your preferred email.
Code of Conduct
• The Louisville Community Swing Dance Lessons and any dances hosted by Emily Schuhmann or Highland Community Center are for everyone of every race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, religion, etc. These events are safe spaces, which means everyone has an absolute right to feel safe and respected. Respect each other and each others’ boundaries.
• We do not tolerate harassment of any kind. This includes offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking or following, inappropriate or unwanted physical contact, and any non-consensual sexual attention. Any behaviors, actions, or speech that result in making someone feel uncomfortable are unwelcome and will not be tolerated.
• We expect every person to take ownership of their own actions and language. If someone lets you know, verbally or non-verbally, that they are feeling uncomfortable, check your behavior, apologize sincerely, and make a change.
• We expect you to use verbal communication when asking someone to dance. Honor a person’s wish not to dance, and accept a “no thank you” gracefully and politely whether at a dance or in a class. Do not give unsolicited advice in classes or on the social dance floor.
• Swing dancing is for fun! It’s ok to take risks and try new things, be loud and silly at the right time and place, joke around, have some drinks (or not), relax and let loose. Before you come to the event, figure out how to do these things in a way that is safe, respectful of others, and contributes to an overall positive and fun environment. We plan to let the good times roll and we believe that fun is maximized when respect and safety are prioritized.
• We reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary to enforce this policy. Anyone in violation of this code could be subject to verbal warning, be asked to leave the event without refund, and/or, if appropriate, referred to law enforcement officials.
Have you read and do you agree to the Code of Conduct?
I understand that there are risks of physical injury associated with, arising out of and inherent to the activity of dance. In recognition of this acknowledged risk of injury, I knowingly and voluntarily waive all right and/ or causes of action of any kind, including any and all claims of negligence arising as a result of such activity from which liability could accrue to Emily Schuhmann, Louisville Swing Dance Society, Highland Community Ministries, it’ officers, agents, employees, instructors, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and all affiliated entities (hereinafter collectively referred to as “(LCSDL) Louisville Community Swing Dance Lessons”.
I hereby agree to release LCSDL and hold Emily Schuhmann harmless of all liability, and hereby acknowledge that I knowingly and voluntarily assume full responsibility for all risks of physical injury arising out of active participation in dance on behalf of the participant.
I am aware that this is a release of liability and an acknowledgement of my voluntary and knowing assumption of the risk of injury. I have signed this document voluntarily and of my own free will in exchange for the privilege of participation.
I also give LCSDL and Emily Schuhmann permission to use pictures taken during dances or lessons in or on any form of advertisement for LCSDL and Swing Dance affiliated events.
If I am a minor, my parent and / or legal guardian has also signed this document releasing LCSDL, Emily Schuhmann, and Highland Community Campus from any and all such liability described above and has acknowledged that I am knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks of injury inherent to this activity.
The participant has my permission to participate in Swing Dancing Classes or social dances hosted by Emily Schuhmann or other affiliates at Highland Community Campus. I warrant the below information is complete and correct. I further release LCSDL and Emily Schuhmann of all liabilities associated with my or my child’s attendance. In signing this agreement, I also agree to abide by the code of conduct.
Have you read and do you agree to the Liability Waiver
In checking this box I am electronically signing the liability agreement
Select Method of Payment: Students agree to pay difference in tuition if they do not bring their student ID to verify student status on first attendance day.
Paypal (I will send my tuition via PayPal to the following:
Cash or check at event
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service