The 2024 Deep South Alcohol and Drug Harm Reduction Hui will be held on Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th of March 2024
at the Dunedin Art Gallery
Both days of the Hui will feature a number of keynote speakers and panel discussions, while also providing an opportunity to network and build relationships with others who are committed to alcohol and drug harm reduction in Otago and Southland.
This Hui is open to anyone who is involved or interested in alcohol and drug regulation and harm reduction in Otago and Southland, including but not limited to:
- Mana whenua and tangata whenua;
- Rangitahi and student groups;
- Community groups, charities, non-profit organisations, and their volunteers;
- Health, mental health and addiction service providers;
- Academics and researchers;
- Representatives of Community Funding Providers;
- Representatives of reporting agencies (New Zealand Police, Te Whatu Ora, and District Licensing);
- District Licensing Committee Members and Support staff;
- Alcohol Licensees and their staff who are committed to harm minimization;
- Journalists reporting on drug and alcohol regulation and harm reduction issues;
- Anyone else who is interested in attending.
- Attending the Hui is free, with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided on both days.
- The dates of the Hui have been set to be immediately before St Patrick's Day, a day where tremendous amounts of alcohol-related harm happen in North Dunedin's student community. Hui attendees will be offered opportunities to see the extensive nature of this harm first hand.
- A full list of speakers will be released on Monday 4th of March 2024.