"The Art of the Egg” (Downtown Evergreen 10th Annual Egg Design Contest)
It's that time of year again when the Evergreen Downtown Business Association (EDBA) hosts the annual egg decorating contest to bring our community together in a spirit of creativity. Professionals, kids and adults use their creativity and imagination to design eggs-traordinary eggs. One silent auction party will be held, along with a month-long display of the eggs, to encourage the public to explore our historic downtown in one of our typically slower shopping times.
The plans and exciting benefits of sponsorship:
1. Name Change: We changed the contest name a year ago to "The Art of the Egg" (Downtown Evergreen's 10th Annual Egg Design Contest). This unique medium should reflect the professional and amateur, artistic talent the contest warrants. We are not just dying Easter eggs. It's a true, eclectic art exhibit, in miniature, with the starting point of creation being a 3-dimensional blank egg-shaped canvas. Artists of all ages contemplate their egg design all year long!
2. (NEW this year) One Finale Silent Auction Party: There will only be one party this year, so no Kick-Off party will be held. The eggs will be displayed at Evergreen National Bank from April 3rd-7th. On April 7th, the professional eggs will be moved to Main Street Fine Art Gallery and the amateur eggs will be moved to Evergreen Gallery; a big thanks to Lisa for hosting the amateur eggs this year. The Finale Silent Auction Party scheduled Thursday, April 20th @ Main Street Fine Art Gallery, will feature the professional eggs, with the Evergreen Gallery featuring the amateur eggs - 6:00 - 7:30 pm. Live music, a caricature artist, face painting, wine, drinks and appetizers will be served. Final bids and votes will be made by the public.
3. A large poster will be displayed at Evergreen National Bank featuring all Sponsors' names from April 3-20.
4. Egg Labels and Name Tags:Labels on the Professional Egg Display will feature the Sponsor, Artist and Egg Name while they are showcased at Evergreen National Bank and Main Street Fine Art Gallery. At the Finale Party a name tag will be provided at the door to every sponsor and artist attending the party. Each name tag will reflect the sponsor name, artist name and egg name.
5. Downtown Evergreen Website: Your website/Facebook link will be added to the www.downtownevergreen.com website in association with the event.
6. Facebook: You will be featured and thanked on our Heart of Evergreen Facebook page throughout the event... https://www.facebook.com/Heart-of-Evergreen-77804923412/
7. Ads will be run in Serenity Magazine and the Canyon Courier.
8. Marketing Materials to Distribute:Each sponsor will have the opportunity to offer discounts or promotional materials for the Finale party encouraging attendees to pay a visit to your business.
9. (NEW this year) “Heart of the Egg Hunt” for EDBA members only -- In addition to sponsoring a professional egg you are invited to become part of the egg hunt to draw people into your door throughout the month of April.
All that is necessary is to place a “Heart of the Egg” provided by Go Paint! in your place of business for visitors to find, initial/stamp the hand-out provided to the participating public and donate a gift certificate or item from your place of business to be included in the winning baskets. Your donation can be dropped off at Go Paint! or contact Karen at Go Paint! and we will pick it up. Once a participant's card is completed they will be turned in at Go Paint! Cards will be drawn the night of the finale party and 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes awarded to the winners.
We invite you to participate in this popular and egg-cellent event with a $50 sponsorship, and donation for the egg hunt prizes. Your support helps to pay for downtown community events throughout the year (Dam Duck Derby and The Holiday Walk)
Thank you,Karen Belmont, Go Paint!Beth Riser, Main Street GalleryandThe EDBA Board of Directors