The Leadership Institute offers students an opportunity to creatively practice leadership skills in the areas of arts, communications, and culture in order to leverage the full value of contemporary urban education. This program is designed to foster ingenuity by way of leadership development and enhance the student’s ability to pave a path to personal and professional success. The vitality of this program emerges from the innate workshops, exploration of vibrant Chicago, and self-reflection, all of which serve as catalysts in developing Columbia student leaders through the Leadership Institute.
Leadership Institute Expectations and Eligibility:
1. Attend 5 out of the 10 leadership workshops.
2. Be an active participant in all discussions during the workshops and on outside field trips.
3. You must have a 2.5 GPA and continue to maintain that GPA through the year of participation.
4. Provide evaluation and feedback on the program through the academic year.
5. Attend two extracurricular leadership events and or meetings throughout the semester outside of the scheduled workshops to apply the leadership skills that you have learned. More information provided during the orientation session.
6. All undergraduates are eligible who are currently enrolled full time and in good standing with Columbia and do not plan on studying abroad in the 2014-2015 academic year.
Applications are due by 5PM on Aug. 14th 2015.