Thank you for your interest in Dream VC and our programs! 🙌
Dream VC is an investor accelerator focused on catalyzing the next generation of African investors in ecosystem building and venture capital.
You can find out more about us via our website here
Every year, we run 2 programs: Launch into VC
and Investor Accelerator
. Since both programs run concurrently, it is not possible to participate in both programs at once, so please read carefully about each program and determine the one that is a best fit for you.
What in it for prospective Dream VC fellows?
- Experiencing one of the most comprehensive and community-based venture capital fellowships in the world, specifically tailored to the African context
- Upskill with 500h+ of content and networking with our community of fellows from 20+ African countries and globally
- Rigorously dive through foundational topics such as deal sourcing and memo creation all the way to complicated topics such as portfolio construction and fund economics
- Exclusive AMAs with the top investors and leaders across the African VC firms such as Launch Africa Ventures, Seedstars Africa Ventures, LoftyInc Capital Management, Knife Capital, TLcom Capital and more
- Participation in mock internal Investment Committee simulations with the end-to-end process of sourcing and presenting real startups to the table
- Lifetime membership to the Dream VC community of fellows with peer-to-peer learning, extensive office hours, and memorable community building activities (including our famous in-person annual retreat in Zanzibar!)
The Ideal Prospective Fellow Is:
- Obsessively passionate and intentional about contributing meaningfully to the African startup ecosystem
- Collaborative to the bone, humble, and loves working with founders
- Voraciously follows and reads up on African venture capital and is keen on developing solutions uniquely suited for the African context
- Empathetic team-player with a "value-adding first" mindset (we have a strict no jerk policy!)
- Is willing to dedicate 10-15 hours per week for several months to fully accelerate their journey into investing
Final Note from Us
Our programs are intense and rigorous, which all of our fellows can attest to, and are not for everyone if you don't have the bandwidth or grit.
But, if you think have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
Applications will open up in March 2024 with our next programs starting in June 2024, and both programs are highly competitive, so make sure to express interest if you want to join. You will be the first to know before our program applications go public and stay in the loop on any internal developments we are cooking up!