Diagnostic test 10
Choose the right variant
1. Too much mathematics ___ taught in schools.
2. There ___ gentlemen waiting for you in reception.
3. He gave us some very useful ___.
4. Two ___ the company, three ___ a crowd.
5. A group of teenagers ___ organized a scheme to help old people with their shopping.
6. It costs ___ thousand euros.
7.___ English of America differs from ___ English of Great Britain.
- , -
8. I had the matches a minute ago but I can't find ___.
9. You should return the purse to ___ owner immediately.
10.___ social problems are caused by unimployment.
a lot of
11. We all have terrible voices, but I sing ___ of all.
12. David was sitting ___ me at lunch so I couldn't help looking at him.
in front of
13. Mr. Sheldon got ___ the car and I strolled up to meet him.
14. Since when ___you ___ this information?
have, been having
15. It ___ harder and harder nowdays to enter the university.
has been getting
16. This ___ once a fine restaurant, but the food now is not as delicious as it ___.
was, used to be
has been, used to being
had been, was used to be
17.By that time she ___ any more explanation, she ___ everything.
hadn't needed, understood
hadn't needed, had understood
didn't needed, understood
18. I ___ smoking Christmas, I promise.
am going to stop
19. The problem is not worth ___.
20. It is difficult to know how much luggage ___ with you.
to be taken
21. Which is the nearest continental neighbour of Great Britain?
22. The United Kingdom is ___.
a parlamentary republic
an absolute monarchy
a constitutional monarchy
23. Who was the first English writer to be awarded the Noble Prize for literature?
24. Which of these authors is not a British one?
W. S. Maugham
25. British inventors didn't give the world ___.
26. Smog is ___.
a man"s suit
a heavy rain
a thick fog
27. He travelled to the West Indies and South America. Americas are named after him.
Vasco da Gamma
28. Native Americans are ___.
29. Irish surnames begin with ___.
Mac or Mc
30. What is the capital of New Zealand?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service