Job DescriptionOLs work in a pair to lead a group of 20-25 new international undergraduate students for the week of IAOP. OLs take students on a campus tour, ensure they attend all mandatory and social events, and reinforce important messages by sharing personal stories and advice. OLs create a sense of community and belonging by facilitating ice breakers and answering questions as experienced peers.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1, 2017
• All applicants must be available for all-day training August 17 and 18 and to work full-time from August 21-25, 2017. You must also attend a meeting during Spring 2017 semester (details to be determined).
• Students with an MSU housing contract for Fall 2017 will be allowed to move in free of charge on August 16. In exchange for free early move-in, you must help new international students move in the weekend of August 19 and 20. In other words, expect to be extremely busy August 16-25.
• All applicants must be MSU undergraduate students enrolled for Fall 2017.*
• For international students, Fall minimum immigration enrollment requirements must be met prior to being hired.
• MANDATORY All-Day Training dates are: Thursday, August 17, 2017 Friday, August 18, 2017
• If you are working as an Intercultural Aide, Residence Assistant, Spartan Success Coach, intern for a company or any other position that will require you to work during training or IAOP, you will not be eligible for this position.
• Please do not submit an application if you are unable to meet the above requirements.
* Graduate students are encouraged to volunteer, but cannot be hired as paid staff.
All sections of the application must be completed and submitted with your résumé for your application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Save your résumé as "2017 IAOP Résumé_YourName" (Example: 2017 IAOP Resume_Amber_Cordell). Submit completed résumé via email with subject title "2017 IAOP Résumé_YourName" to email@example.com by February 1, 2017.
IF YOU WERE AN OL IN THE PAST, DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION. SUBMIT THE EXPERIENCED OL APPLICATION INSTEAD!