RSVP: PATA Seminar and Lunch Hosted by ITB Berlin
Theme: Destination Resilience and Recovery – facing Global Challenges
Thursday 5th March 2020
Grosser Stern, Room Hong Kong (Fairground) Messe Berlin
10:30 AM - 14:30 PM
10:30 –10:45: Introduction and Overview of PATA – 2020 Developments and Priorities
• Daniela Wagner, Regional Director, EMEA, PATA
10:45 - 11:00 Asia Pacific Visitor Forecasts
• Professor Haiyan Song, PhD, CHE, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Professor Song’s presentation covers the latest visitor forecasts within Asia Pacific and the methods used to generate these forecasts.
Unprecedented uncertainties associated with the trade war between China and the United States and social unrest in Hong Kong and other countries across the world demand for both intra- and inter-regional travel has been negatively affected.
In this session estimated demand elasticities based on destination-origin pairs will be highlighted, providing vital insight for destination decision making and policy formulations.
11:00 – 11:20 Session 1: Impact of the Coronavirus outbreak in China
• Carlos Cendra, Chief Marketing Officer, Mabrian
• China specialist
11:20 – 12:10 Session 2: Destination Panel - Immersive Authenticity: Evolving Destination Management
This panel will explore the business case for destination management and the role DMOs and operators need to play to evolve product and experience offerings to engage with consumers interested in immersive and authentic experiences.
The session will involve a moderated discussion by destination development firm Twenty31 and include senior expert panellists from three DMOs and one select private sector company.
• Moderator: Oliver Martin, Partner, Twenty31 Consulting Inc.
• Panellist: Gloria Loree, Chief Marketing Officer, Destination Canada
• Panellist: Saeed Rashed Al Saeed, Destination Marketing Director, Abu Dhabi Department of Culture and Tourism
• Panellist: Ted Sullivan, Vice President Destination Analytics, Adara
• Panellist: Mr Tserenbat Namsrai, Minister of Environment and Tourism of Mongolia
12:10 – 12:30 Introducing the hosts of upcoming PATA events
• Raki Phillips, CEO, Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority
• Antonio Muñoz, Vicemayor and Delegate for Urban Habitat, Culture and Tourism, Seville City Council
12:30 - 14:30 Lunch
Location of the session room at ITB
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Pacific Asia Travel Association.