Out of the Shadows Essay Contest
++If you need this document to be translated to another language, please email us at
Since Chispas’ founding in 2008, we have dedicated our resources to cater to the undocumented immigrant community. This scholarship was established in 2012 as a financial tool to support the educational attainment of undocumented students who seek higher education in Florida.
In Fall 2019, Chispas is offering a $500 scholarship for three (3) students, one high school senior and one current college student, who meet all of the following requirements:
1. Must be an undocumented* student
2. Must have graduated from a Florida high school or have a GED certificate
3. Must be enrolled in a Florida college, university, vocational school or technical institution
High School Senior
1. Must be undocumented* student
2. Must be graduating from a Florida High School
3. Must include what colleges in Florida they are planning to attend in Personal Statement
A complete application requires all of the following items:
1. Application Form (this one)
2. Personal Statement (available in the next section of this Google form)
4. Official or Unofficial Transcript (High School or College) or Copy of GED Certificate
PLEASE SCAN AND EMAIL ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS TOGETHER BEFORE OR BY December 1st at 11:59 pm to
. Please use the following format for your files and email header:
[First and Last Name] - OOTS Scholarship Application
* For our scholarship’s purposes, an undocumented student is one who does not have legal U.S. permanent residency, U.S. citizenship. Students who have applied and/or received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) are eligible and encouraged to apply for our scholarship. Those who are undocumented or have Temporary Protected Status (TPS) are also eligible.
PLEASE READ ALL
TRANSCRIPT/ GED COPY
Please send a copy of your most recent transcript. If you have been out of high school for more than a semester, please send us your college transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If you have a GED credential, please send with your application a copy of the certificate. Do not send the original high school diploma or GED certificate.
In your statement please reflect upon your experiences as an undocumented student, including any overcome obstacles, cultural disadvantages, linguistic barriers, and extraordinary family or personal responsibilities. Make sure to also highlight what you have done to contribute to the betterment of your community and how you plan to give back to your community while being a student. Feel free to include in your personal statement any other information that you would like us to consider. Please do not restate your resume.
If you have applied for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and received your temporary documents, please reflect upon how this has affected your daily life as a student or worker.
This information is available on our website:
**By completing this google form you are certifying that this application is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Chispas will keep all paperwork turned in until two weeks after an applicant has been chosen, of when which all applications will be shredded for security purposes. We will not keep or disclose any information to anyone or any other organization. We will only keep your name, number, and email in order to contact you for future scholarship information.
First and last
How did you find out about our scholarship?
Word of Mouth
High School GPA
Florida college, university, vocational school or technical institution you plan to attend or are attending:
Year (e.g.: Freshman)
Interested in sharing your undocumented story with Chispas list serv? (can be anonymous)
Maybe, need more details
Are you interested in joining our list serv to receive email updates on our events, activities and scholarship?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service