Eco-Anxiety and the Pandemic
A free 9-week course via Zoom
Mondays August 3, 2020 to October 5, 2020
5:30pm - 6:30pm ET
Worrying about climate change and the pandemic can feel overwhelming, but there are ways to help reduce this anxiety and climate breakdown at the same time. Join us for all or part of the 9-week series of classes to:
• Consider the relationship between the pandemic and the eco-crisis
• Learn about the interconnected effect of these crises on mental and physical health
• Explore the impacts of the eco-crisis on New England
• Validate eco-anxiety as a sane, healthy response
• Discover how to make friends with uncertainty
• Experience a sense of kinship with the natural world as practiced by Native Americans and Zen meditators
• Find ways to engage in our diverse communities during these challenging, unpredictable times, centering on dignity as a guiding principle
• Ultimately, find joy in measuring up to the great trumpet call of our time, responding to the pandemic and the eco-crisis with newfound resiliency and creativity.
Please select each class you are registering for:
Mon 8/3: The Relationship Between the Pandemic and the Eco-Crisis
Mon 8/10: The Interconnected Effect of the Pandemic and the Eco-Crisis on Mental and Physical Health
Mon 8/17: The Eco-Crisis and New England
Mon 8/24: Acknowledging our Grief
Mon 8/31: Letting Our Eco-Anxiety Transform Us - Part 1
Mon 9/14: Letting Our Eco-Anxiety Transform Us - Part 2
Mon 9/21: Cultivating Active Hope
Mon 9/28: Facing These Challenges Through Community Engagement
Mon 10/5: Course Wrap-Up and Action Plan
What is your affiliation?
Greater Boston Zen Center
Sierra Club Maine
Peace and Justice Center of Eastern Maine
If you selected other, how did you learn of the course?
Are you interested in participating in additional on-line programs related to the eco-crisis?
If you answered yes, what days and times are best?
Would you like to receive emails regarding future activities?
Greater Boston Zen Center (
Sierra Club Maine (
Peace & Justice Center of Eastern Maine (
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service