One Voice Mixed Chorus is Minnesota’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and straight allies (LGBTA) chorus with 125 singing members ranging from ages 17 to 77.
OVation is the portable version of One Voice—an a cappella ensemble of 12 singers that bring One Voice’s music and our message almost anywhere. OVation performs at 12-15 events annually at venues ranging from the Minnesota State Fair, Twin Cities Pride, places of worship and community events!
Some things to consider when requesting or booking a gig with One Voice:
• Make your request several months in advance. The more notice, the more likely we'll be able to join you!
• Consider whether your event is best suited for OVation or for the full chorus when filling out the application below. OVation is the most flexible option since they sing without accompanying instrumentation.
• The chorus does not rehearse in July and August, and seldom performs during those months.
• Our current repertoire is determined by the theme of our current season concerts. Only occasionally can we honor special requests in terms of repertoire.
• Performances during weekday business hours are challenging for us. Most of our singers have day jobs elsewhere. Morning, late-afternoon or noon-time gigs sometimes are possible on week days.
• The chorus is a performing ensemble. We do not provide background music, roaming music, or soloists.
• If your event is outdoors or in a large venue, the chorus will need to be amplified using several condenser or broad spectrum cardiod microphones that you will need to provide. A simple public address system will not work in those venues.
• For audiences of 50-250 people two solo/speaking mics are usually adequate.
• We are a non-profit chorus committed to social justice; as such there are some events that are not suitable for our organization.