Barrington Area Conservation Trust Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability
This Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) is being executed by the undersigned volunteer (the “Volunteer”) in favor of The Barrington Area Conservation Trust, a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Illinois, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, agents, successors and assigns. (collectively, “BACT”).
The Volunteer desires to volunteer for BACT and engage in volunteer activities related to land preservation and conservation (collectively, the “Activities”). In return, the Volunteer will be allowed to participate in Activities and gain the benefits of being a BACT volunteer including, but not limited to, gaining experience working with nature, engaging in land conservation, participating in special events, and using BACT as a reference for future education, volunteer and employment opportunities.
The Volunteer understands and agrees that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with BACT is limited to a volunteer position and that she/he is not entitled to nor expects any compensation or other benefits traditionally associated with employment in return for participating in any Activities. Volunteer understands and agrees that he/she may decline any and/or all volunteer position or Activities at any time for any reason, and that BACT may decline any and/or all of Volunteer’s offer(s) to perform any position or Activities at any time for any reason.
The Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release under the following terms for all current and future Volunteer Activities for BACT:
1.Waiver and Release. Volunteer, for him/herself and his/her legal representatives, estate, spouse, heirs and assigns, does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless BACT, from any and all claims, liability and/or demands of whatever kind either in law or equity, including those for bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that arise or may arise from the Activities and safety briefings for the Activities.
2. Assumption of Risk. Volunteer understands and agrees that the Activities may include work that may be dangerous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, working outdoors or indoors clearing, cleaning, planting, collecting, cutting, burning, monitoring and documenting all types of land, plants, trees, water ways, and local wildlife, and handling and working in proximity to tools, equipment and vehicles to do the same, as well as loading and unloading supplies, working in proximity to the application of herbicides, interacting with BACT individuals, interacting with students in a school environment and outdoors, and providing clerical and other support in and out of the BACT office and at BACT events.
Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless BACT from all liability for bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
3. Insurance. Volunteer understands and agrees that BACT does not carry insurance for Volunteer’s benefit and has not assumed any responsibility or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including, but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage. Volunteers are expected to carry their own personal liability and health insurance. Volunteer expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of BACT beyond what may be offered freely by BACT in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by Volunteer.
4. Safety. Volunteer agrees to participate in all safety briefings for the Activities as determined by BACT staff.
5. Medical Treatment. Volunteer authorizes BACT to act on Volunteer’s behalf in case of an emergency and does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless BACT from any and all claims whatsoever that arise or may arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with such emergency.
6. Photographic Release. Volunteer grants and conveys to BACT all rights, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by BACT during Volunteer’s Activities with BACT, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
7. Other. Volunteer agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois, and that the Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and that if any clause or provision of the Release is invalid, the remainder of the Release shall continue in full force and effect.
By signing below, the Volunteer, and if the Volunteer is under age 18 the parent or legal guardian for him/herself and for the Volunteer, certifies that he/she has read and understands the release, and acknowledges that he/she is giving up legal rights and remedies.
Volunteer Name- First and Last
How did you hear about us?
Signature of Parent/Legal Guardian if volunteer is under age 18. By typing your name here, this will be your electronic signature
Parent/Legal Guardian Phone Number
Emergency Contact Name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Barrington Area Conservation Trust.
Terms of Service