YU Mishnah Blitz Competition Application 2019-20
ALL information submitted through this form will be kept strictly confidential and will be visible only to the Yeshiva University Mishnah Blitz Committee. The Mishnah Blitz is open to high school boys in Grades 9 - 12. There are $3,000 in prizes awarded to the winners of the YU Mishnah Blitz. Mishnah Blitz contestants can win up to $1000.
- The competition runs from mid-December until mid-March.
- The program begins with the Launch in YU on Sunday, December 15th and culminates with the Shabbaton and Final Competition in mid-March.
- At the Launch, teams are made, high school boys are paired up with the YU students who will oversee their team, and there is a “mock competition” that allows contestants to get a sense of what the competition will be like. In addition, at the launch, contestants meet and hear from YU Roshei Yeshiva.
- There are 2 ways to win the competition: either by answering the most number of questions correctly at the competition, or by achieving the most number of points by logging the number of minutes of Mishnayos learned throughout the 3 months. [The exact details for the logging system will be discussed at the Launch.]
- Over the course of the 3 months, there will be a pace of approximately 2 perakim per week. Contestants may learn the week’s Mishnayos however they like - by listening to shiurim, learning Mishnayos with Kehati/Artscroll, with a chavrusah, etc. Contestants receive points for each minute of Mishnayos learning.
- To ease things along, each week YU students will send out Mishnayos shiurim on the week’s perakim, and will be in touch with contestants.
- For the students living in the tri-state area, the teams get together in YU approximately every 3-4 weeks, have lunch/dinner, and learn/review Mishnayos.
- The Final Competition in March is on a Sunday and preceded by a Shabbaton. The Shabbaton and Competition will allow the teams to spend time together over the Shabbos meals, kumzitzes, and tishes. In addition, contestants will be able to meet and hear from YU Roshei Yeshiva and prepare for the competition.
- This form typically takes 3 minutes to complete.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Yeshiva University.