The Folger docent program is part of Folger Education, which teaches children, families, and adults about Shakespeare and his language, the Early Modern period, and the Humanities. Folger Education believes that learning is active and that Shakespeare is for everyone. These ideas are the foundation of the docent program, which provides programs to help visitors experience Shakespeare.
Folger Shakespeare Library Docents
Our docents provide a public face of Folger Shakespeare Library and are the front line team for greeting visitors and introducing them to the world of the Folgers, Shakespeare, and the work of this Library and its collection. A Folger docent should have:
• Comfort working with the public, greeting visitors, and taking guests on tours.
• Ability to communicate effectively with groups of various sizes and various ages, including school-aged children.
• Commitment to meeting the needs of visitors.
• Desire to participate in continued learning opportunities.
• Enthusiasm for sharing Folger Shakespeare Library with the public.
If that describes you, please complete this application by September 15, 2014!
To help us know more about you, please answer the following questions.