2012 Dance-A-Thon Fundraiser for Sister United Application
This Dance-A-Thon is hosted by the Class of 2012 and it is to raise money for Sister United. This is a program that is in partnership with the Class of 2013 where they help girls from Kenya and Ghana get an education.
This year’s Dance-A-Thon is in the Johnson Hall Rotunda on February 24th from 7 pm to 7 am and will have door prizes, games, food, a breakfast buffet (with purchase), entertainment, and of course, DANCING! There will be about two hour increments of different music and each two hour segment will have theme. Some themes include: Cornhuskin’ fun, Today’s Hits, Line Dancing Madness, Request hour, International Hour, and one big SURPRISE!
How to start:
• Each team has to have a team name and a minimum of four members.
• The team has to be unified meaning they all have to wear the same outfit/shirt to show a unifying group.
• AT LEAST ONE member of the team has to be on the dance floor at all times.
To participate you need to:
1. Start getting pledges from friends, coworkers, neighbors, & relatives. Pledges can be anywhere from $1.00 to any amount.
2. Raise as much as you can, but each team needs to raise AT LEAST $70.00 to participate.
3. You can participate as an individual with a minimum of $20 pledge to participate.
4. Put on your dancing shoes and come to Johnson Hall at Meredith College on Friday night, February 24th at 7:00PM with your pledges.
• Each team must raise AT LEAST $70.00.
• An individual must raise AT LEAST $20.00.
• Each person will sign up individually.
• Each team raising $150 or more will be able to put their name in a drawing to receive a BIG PRIZE!
• Prizes will be given to the 2 people that raise the MOST money!
• Prizes will also be awarded to the team with the best costume or outfit!