Request edit access
Application for Fall 2018 Regional Training
* Are you interested in social change and how to be involved?
* Do you want to learn and grow skills that you can use to empower and positively impact your community?
* Do you want to be connected with other students looking to build a more just world?
The Student Network for Action and Power (SNAP) supports students on college campuses around the country to work towards a more just world. We provide emerging activists and organizers with tools to understand the current political moment, build group-centered leadership skills, support organization-building, and connect students to other like-minded people around the country.
This fall, we are kicking off regional trainings in Minnesota and Pennsylvania for students of color on college campuses to support their growth and development of grassroots organizing skills.
Fall 2018 Regional Trainings
(note: this set of trainings is for students of color only)
November 9-11, 2018 in Swarthmore, PA (training is full-~~application is currently CLOSED)
November 16-18, 2018 in Minneapolis, MN (deadline to apply: Sunday Oct 21~~ EXTENDED TO SUNDAY, OCT 28)
We'll cover topics that will help you gain skills, including:
• Approaches to Social Change
• Understanding Organizing
• Recruitment and Retention
• Building Strong Organizations
• How to Mobilize People to Take Action
We are looking for participants who:
- are committed to and excited about progressive social change
- are involved, or are interested in becoming involved in community organizing, labor organizing, or student organizing
and want to improve their organizing skills and work
- want to organize for social change and/justice after college
- want to meet and work with students doing similar work
- can commit to the entire session
This is a high intensity, three day training, so participants are asked to commit to the full time. We'll be together for the following times during training weekends:
Space is limited and participants will be determined based on the information in this application. We will notify you of your acceptance within a week from the deadline date. There is a $100 registration fee* that covers meals and materials during training hours. You will be responsible for transportation and finding your own housing in the area.
If you have ANY questions while filling out this application, you can email Helena at
* If you do not have access to institutional resources at your school, you can reach out to
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Chinese Progressive Association.