Hennepin County CARES Act Emergency Housing Assistance - CEAP
Applications will be accepted starting noon on Friday, May 1, 2020.
Hennepin County has received funding from the federal CARES Act and has made funding available to suburban renters during this COVID-19 crisis. This application form is for renters impacted by COVID-19 who live in Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Champlin, Corcoran, Crystal, Dayton, Golden Valley, Greenfield, Maple Grove, New Hope, Osseo, Robbinsdale, or Rogers.
Households are eligible irrespective of immigration or documentation status.
The amount of assistance provided will depend on the individual needs of the household, taking into consideration other resources the household is eligible to receive. Eligible expenses include:
• rent payments (late rent and rent due within 15 days);
• utility payments (due and arrears)
Payments will be made directly to the rental property owner and/or utility company.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
• Live in suburban Hennepin County, excluding Plymouth, Bloomington or Eden Prairie
• Have total gross annual income (before deducting taxes) of 50% or less of the area median income (AMI)
• Have lost income (from self-employment or any other source) due to the COVID-19 emergency
• Are not receiving Section 8 or other ongoing rental assistance
Priority will be given to households with incomes below 30% of the area median income, and those ineligible for Unemployment Insurance.
Income Limit by Household Size
1 person: $35,000 | 2 people: $40,000 | 3 people: $45,000 | 4 people: $50,000
5 people: $54,000 | 6 people: $58,000 | 7 people: $62,000 | 8 people: $66,000
1 person: $21,720 | 2 people: $24,840 | 3 people: $27,930 | 4 people: $31,020
5 people: $33,510 | 6 people: $36,000 | 7 people: $38,490 | 8 people: $40,950
Applicants may only submit one application per household.